About This Project
Leading into the 2019 November, significant track stability issues arose in a cutting at East Maitland.
Goldspring were engaged at short notice and challenged to plan, resource, and deliver this project with 5 weeks notice in a 72hr possession window.
The project had numerous constraints, largely due to its location and minimal areas within the corridor in which to stage the works.
Our team came together with our reliable subcontractors to execute a delivery plan to the highest quality.
- 220m of track reconditioning to a depth of 1.9m
- 110m of rerailing
- Maintain the existing track drainage structures.
- Import 5000t of ne material for incorporation into the works
- Improve track drainage
- Planned and delivered in a reduced timeframe
- scaffolding used to create access for workers.
- Roads closed for stockpiling and machinery delivery.
- Specialised machinery used to enable the works to be undertaken in the difficult location.